This 1-day programme is specially designed to be used in discussions related to the main features of the financial statements prepared by a business enterprise. Participants will learn to understand the meaning and fundamental structure of financial statements, and the inter-relationship of the items in the statements. In addition, participants will learn to apply key management ratios to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the business operations.
1. To understand the meaning and fundamental structure of financial statements and the inter-relationship of
the items in the statements
2. To apply key management ratios to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the business operations
1. WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT FINANCIAL STATEMENTS?
- Nature and role of accounting; Desirable qualities of a financial report
- Accounting as an information system; Financial and Management Accounting compared
- Fundamental accounting assumptions; Accounting policies
- Objectives of financial statements. User groups and their areas of interest
2. THREE BASIC FINANCIAL STATEMENTS:
- Balance sheet
- source and use of funds approach
- vertical format presentation
- current assets
- fixed assets
- shareholders funds
- capital employed
- net worth
- working capital
- long & short b/s analysis
- Profit and loss account
- timing adjustments
- distribution or appropriation of profits
- and cash flow statement
- Cash Flow Statement
- operating cash cycle
- relationship between depreciation and cash flow
- non-operating cash outflows and inflows
3. INTERPRETATION OF AUDITOR’s REPORTS
- Objectives and scope of audit Reasonable assurance
- True and Fair View
- Auditors opinion - unqualified, emphasis of matters, qualified, disclaimer, dverse opinion
4. LIQUIDITY RATIOS PROFITABILITY RATIOS
- Importance of profitability
- Meaning of return on investment
- Drivers of margin on sales
- Drivers of sales to total assets
- Operating profit model
5. SOLVENCY RATIOS
6. ASSET MANAGEMENT RATIOS
7. STOCK MARKET RATIOS
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $374.50*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.