2015 Intake: 28 Jan l 22 Apr l 15 Jul l 7 Oct
2016 Intake: 14 Mar l 30 Jun
“Do you know that organisations found in violation of the Act can be fined up to S$1 million for data protection offence?”
With the full implementation of the new PDPA in July 2014, business operations need to ensure legal compliance and effectively deal with their data management within the legal framework. This seminar highlights the important features of the new PDPA laws with practical tips given, while focusing on the main data protection principles. Knowing the practical implications of the new PDPA laws will enable you to comply with the law.
1.Scope of PDPA
2. Principles of Data Protection
3. PDPA Compliance – Collecting Data
4. PDPA Compliance – Using Personal Data
5. PDPA Compliance – Disclosing Personal Data
6. PDPA Legal Obligations of Organisations
7. Data Protection Obligations
8. PDPA Compliance Checklist
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for those who want to familiarise themselves with the Personal Data Protection Act.
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $321.00*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.