2016 Intake: 14 Mar l 28 Jun
This course provides a foundation for participants to understand legal issues and concepts relating to the formation and running of a business and to apply that understanding to the various legal issues faced by businesses. It also provides participants sufficient insight into legal aspects of the business world to allow them to deal with legal advisers in an intelligent and informed manner.
- Appreciate the different sources of law which affect the formation and running of businesses in a common law legal systems.
- Understand the various legal forms and classifications of businesses and the various legal aspects relating to formation, management and termination of a business.
- Understand the basic legal requirements for the formation, performance, breach and termination of a contract.
- Understand the legal implications of warranties and product liability.
- Appreciate the common criminal offences committed by and against businesses.
- Appreciate the legal importance of trademarks, patents and copyrights.
- Appreciate the different forms of commercial negotiable instruments and understand liabilities attached to these instruments and the bank-customer relationship.
- Understand the basic types of property, methods of acquiring ownership of properties and bailments.
- Identify common legal issues that occur in business management and apply the above legal knowledge to them.
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $374.50*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.