2018 Intake: 01,02 Feb l 09,10 May l 20,21 Aug l 29,30 Nov
The performance of organisations is among the top agendas in any management. But the appraisal of performance has become more of a disappointment, if not anger, to many employees, instead of a good tool to increase performance. This course is designed to develop the skills and understanding of the Performance Appraisal process.
1. Link people development to business goals is essential for a company’s survival
2. Understand clearly the concept and goals of performance management and appraisal
3. Know the factors that contribute to the success of a performance appraisal
4. Common pitfalls & traps of an appraisal review develop skills in planning and conducting appraisal meetings
5. Understand the objectives of consistent appraisal evaluation to avoid confusing the appraisee review and accurately evaluate employees distinguishing poor, average and good performers coach employee to carry self-analysis and self-appraisal
6. Be able to set SMART performance goals/KRAS that complement organization vision, goals and objectives for next review communication expectation, appraisal results tactfully and develop appropriate skills for giving timely and focused feedback to achieve their targets
7. Understand that the style and behaviour of a reporting officer can affect the process of the appraisal review
8. Develop and write development plan that sets specific achievable improvement goals for the staff
1. The impact of the perfomance management on organisational effectiveness
2. An overview of the performance appraisal process
3. Planning & structuring for the appraisal interview
4. Managing employee participation to ensure a productive session
5. Skills in giving and receiving feedback
6. Setting clear and smart objectives and key result areas
7. Linking rewards to performance
8. Creating an individual development plan
9. Closing & summarising the review
2 days (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $599.20*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.