2017 Intake: 27 Feb l 26 Apr l 7 Jun l 22 Aug l 11 Oct l 7 Dec
The aim of this one-day program is to enhance the participants’ skills and knowledge to be better managers to manage the performance and career development of their employees.
At the end of this one-day workshop, they will:
- Know how to set annual performance goals that are measurable and developmental goals that are related to job skills.
- Able to write SMART Goals, KPIs with targets which will impact their overall organizational effectiveness.
- Know how to appraise and motivate staff
A) Developing Goal Setting & Work Performance Analysis Skills
Understanding the role of a manager – Collaboratively works with direct reports to set meaningful performance objectives; sets specific performance goals and identifies measures for evaluating goal achievement.
Aligning performance for success by developing a performance plan, including specific goals and objectives.
Ability to tell their staff how their performance will be evaluated to ensure a common understanding of positive performance and opportunities for improvement.
To set meaningful performance objectives, people need to understand how their work fits into the overall goals of the organization--and what they can do to contribute to its success. To help people focus on what's important to the organization, discuss its:
Vision. What is the desired future state?
Mission. How can we make the vision a reality?
Critical success factors or strategic initiatives. What must the organization do to stay competitive?
Values. How are people expected to behave as they accomplish the vision?
B) Developing Performance Appraisal & Coaching Skills
In addition to the organization's goals, discuss business unit goals. These goals support the organization's strategic initiatives.
How to set & monitor objectives that link directly to the business unit and organizational goals with key result indicators (KPIs)
Understanding the SMART principles
Developing effective observation & performance analytical skills
The Probing Cycle for Work & Learning Improvement.
Balanced Appraisal and coaching techniques
Skills development tools for staff’s self improvement.
1 day (9am-5pm)
SMF Members: $428.00*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.