It is important for managers to master and improve their managerial and leadership skills, so that they are always in a better position to make effective decisions when managing their day-to-day operations. In the current competitive business environment, managers and Team leaders are under constant pressure to maintain the momentum aimed at enhancing organizational performance due to the nature of the industry. This 2-day workshop is designed to provide the participants with techniques and skills to enhance their effectiveness as executives and managers in areas such as leading, decision making and managing teams.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Provide help and direction to translate organisation’s vision, mission and core values into reality
2. Apply the relevant principles of management at their workplace
3. Use effective decision making tools @ the workplace
4. Take full advantage of a diverse workforce
5. Apply motivational techniques to enhance Team members performance
6. Use situational leadership styles to enhance employee performance
7. Adopt effective communication techniques to achieve organisational goals
8. Resolve internal conflicts with ease using appropriate counselling techniques
1. Introduction to Principles of Management
- Nature of management/Supervision
- Planning and Leading Skills
- Translating Vision, Mission & Core values into Day-to-Day operations
2. Decision making skills
- Problems solving skills
- Steps to Effective decision making
- Using the power of teams in decision making
- Creative Thinking for Smarter Choices (Solutions)
3. Leadership Skills
- Leadership style - which one?
- Collaborative Leadership
- Leading the e-Generation
4. Managing Team Motivation & Performance
- Theories of motivation & Putting theories to work in the workplace
- Motivating Team Members
- Motivating the e-Generation
- Coaching for better performance
5. EQ Skills for Better Team Management
- Building Effective Teams
- EQ Skills for Seeking & providing Feedback
- Empathy and Rapport
- Building & Sustaining rewarding Relationships
6. Conflict Handling
- Understanding Workplace conflicts
- Conflict management
- Critical Counselling Skills for managing Conflicts at Work
2 days ( 9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $599.20*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.