2018 Intake: 19 Jan l 28 Mar l 18 May l 17 Jul l 21 Sep l 13 Nov
This workshop serves as an introduction to best practice negotiations and will meet the needs of individuals that have some negotiation experience, but do not consider themselves experienced negotiators. The workshop is focused on setting in place principles for the development of robust negotiation skills.
1. Have the knowledge and tools necessary to be able to conduct any negotiation as a competetive and collaborative negotiation
2. Understand how to make the most effective use of time available for negotiation preparation
3. Appreciate the benefits of a wide range of persuasion techniques which are effective in commercial negotiations
4. Be aware of the most commonly used tricks, traps and ploys used in negotiation and, more importantly, how to deal with them
5. See for yourself the factors which make the difference between effective and average negotiators
1. Defining the Purpose, Criteria and Rationale of Negotiating
2. Setting the Stage - Understanding the When and Where of Negotiation
3. Win-Win, Win-Lose, Lose-Lose - Understanding Negotiation Outcomes
4. Applying The RIGHT-Step Negotiation Process
5. The Communication Jungle - Negotiation with Different Types of People
6. Beyond the Basics - Deadlocks, Standstills and Concessions
7. Assessing Needs, Fears, Wants and Concerns of Both Parties
8. Identifying, Handling and Controlling Manipulation Tactics
9. Recognising Dirty Tricks and Traps
10. Negotiating for a ‘Win-Win’ Solution
11. Speaking the Language-Verbal and Non-Verbal
12. Using and Countering Power in Negotiations
13. The Art and Science of Persuasion
14. What to Do After the Negotiation
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $321.00*
Non Members: $374.50*
* fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.