This one-day Mentoring Skills training session is designed to equip leaders & managers with the relevant knowledge and skills in mentoring to help & inspire the existing & newly recruited staff to realize their full potential.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
• Become more aware of the importance of Mentoring Initiative towards organizational learning, talent development and retention.
• Learn various mentoring skills to help mentees see the big picture, strategize, overcome problems, and develop their potential to the optimum.
• Learn how different communication styles can impact mentoring effectiveness
• Identify potential challenges in mentoring and avoid common mistakes
• The do’s & don’ts of mentoring.
• Apply various mentoring skills like probing & different questioning techniques, delivery of constructive feedback, active listening.
• Understand the art of motivation & Influence to help inspire mentees to achieve desired result.
1. What is mentoring?
2. Effective Mentoring Competence Quiz
3. The Mentoring Initiative for Talent Management
4. Why Mentor? What’s in it for you?
5. How the Mentoring Initiative contributes to organizational learning and people development.
6. Mentoring Concept Model
7. Mentoring Contact Skills
8. Difficult Mentees & Tough Moments
Short lectures, interactive group discussions, work simulations, case study, role-plays, profiling, self & group critiques.
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $428.00*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.