- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Import/Export Documentation & Letter of Credit
2018 Course dates: 25 – 26 Jan l 10 - 11 Apr l 30 - 31 Jul l 23 - 24 Oct l 06 - 07 Dec
1. International Trade Terms
- Old and New Incoterms
- Mode of Transport
- Ex Works (EXW)
- Free Carrier (FCA)
- Free Alongside Ship (FAS)
- Free On Board (FOB)
- Cost and Freight (CFR)
- Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF)
- Carriage Paid To (CPT)
- Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP)
- Delivered At Frontier (DAF)
- Delivered Ex Ship (DES)
- Delivered Ex Quay (DEQ)
- Delivered Duty Unpaid (DDU)
- Delivered Duty Paid (DDP)
- Why New Incoterms ?
- Cost Analysis
- Choosing the Appropriate Terms
- Uses of Incoterms
- Case Study
2. International Trade Financing
- Importance of Banks
- Types of Banks
- Services of Commercial Bank
- Overdrafts and Loan
- Consideration for Granting Loan or Overdraft
- Finance of Foreign Trade by Financial Institutions
- Discounting Bills
- Export Credit Insurance
- International Export Factoring
- Trust Receipt
- Shipping Guarantee
- Types of Payment in International Trade
- Comparison between D/P and D/A
3. Strategy in Trade Financing
- What is Letter of Credit?
- Parties Involve in the Letter of Credit
- Step-by-Step Operation of Letter of Credit
- Introduction to UCP
- Why UCP 600?
- Who Drafted the UCP 600
- Major Changes Between UCP 600 and UCP 500
- UCP 600 and its Prominent Articles
- Supplement for Electronic Presentation (eUCP)
- eUCP and its Prominent Articles
- Application of Letter of Credit
- Types of Letter of Credit
- Checking Letter of Credit
- Presentation of Documents to the Negotiating Bank
- Bank Survey on Discrepancies
- Common Discrepancies
4. Fraud and Prevention
- Malpractice and Weakness in Shipping Practices
- Fraud Prevention
5. UCP 600
Course Fee: SMF Members - S$556.40| Non-SMF Members - S$620.60 (Include 7% GST).
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.