This course aims to provide people currently working in or wishing to enter the manufacturing industry with the skills and knowledge required to perform their jobs effectively.
This course is developed to enable an individual to acquire the skills and knowledge in practising quality systems in manufacturing at work. It is a systematic approach that workers can use to make incremental and breakthrough improvements in processes that produce products and services for customers.
This course is specially developed by Singapore Workforce Development Agency to facilitate approved organisations under the WSQ scheme in training and preparing their staff to achieve the Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the competency unit “Apply Quality Systems.”
At the end of the training program, the participant will be able to:
1. Plan daily work to meet quality system requirements
2. Carry out daily work to meet quality system requirements
3. Maintain work quality
4. Improve work quality
2. Plan daily work to meet quality system requirements
- Types and usage of quality system tools and equipment
- Types and interpretation of quality records
3. Carry out daily work to meet quality system requirements
- Monitor quality
4. Maintain Work Quality
- Ensure work instructions are followed
- Ensure that corrective actions (CA) are followed up
5. Improve Work Quality
- Provide feedback to improve on quality
- Identify own learning needs for future work requirements
6. Skills practice feedback and course evaluation
Training: 2 days (9am - 6pm)
Classroom-based experiential learning with roleplays, exercises and case studies
Duration: 90 mins
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant
Full Course Fee: $374.50 (includes 7% GST)
For funding for employers, click here.
For funding for individuals, click here.
For more information, kindly contact us at 6826 3100.
Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills
System (ESS) level 3
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all the required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.