- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Overview on Import/Export Procedure and International Trade
2014 Course Intake: 12 May | 24 Nov
This seminar is designed to give participants an overview understanding of import/export procedures, international trade terms, the uses of shipping documents, different aspect of cargo insurance, and letter of credit practices. This seminar aims to provide both the practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and the most effective ways doing import/export.
1) International Trade Terms(Incoterms 2010)
* Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc…
* How to do quotation and prevent losses
* Using the latest terms to your advantage
* How to choose the right terms
2) International Shipping Documents
* Importance and proper uses of documents
* Understanding B/L and AWB and its implications
* Operation of Packing List & Invoice
* Certificate of Origin – uses and applications
* How to apply for Shipping Guarantee
3) Cargo Insurance Policy
* Reasons for cargo insurance
* Changes in the insurance policy
* The Institute Cargo Clauses
* Exclusion Clauses
* Claims Procedures
* Documentation of claims
4) International Financing and Letter of Credit
* Types of payment in international trade
* Step-by-Step operation of L/C
* Types of Letter of Credit
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Shipping personnel, sales & marketing staff, freight forwarder, banker, trader, importer/exporter, businessman, and those keen in upgrading their knowledge in international trade.
1 day ( 9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $428.00*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.