- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Perform Stock Control and Housekeeping Operations
2018 Intake: 11,12 Jan l 5,6 Mar l 14,15 May l 12,13 Jul l 13,14 Sep l 1,2 Nov l 3,4 Dec
This course aims to provide people currently working in or wishing to enter the logistics environment with the skills and knowledge required to perform their jobs effectively and in a setting within the manufacturing sectors.
This course is developed to enable an individual to acquire the skills and knowledge in performing stock control and housekeeping operations. It includes applying stock taking procedures, controlling non-conforming products and performing housekeeping.
This course is specially developed by Workforce Singapore (WSG) to facilitate approved organisations under the WSQ scheme in training and preparing their staff to achieve the Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the competency unit “Perform Stock Control and Housekeeping Operations.”
At the end of the training programme, the participant will be able to:
1. Apply stock taking procedures
2. Control non-conforming products
3. Perform housekeeping
1. Apply Stock taking procedure
- Purpose of stock take plan and its respective details
- Activities when preparing stock take area
- Organisational stock take procedure
- Importance of cut-off time when performing stock take
- Definitions of cyclical count, spot checking and annual stock taking
- Types of stock take documentation
- Types of stock discrepancies
- Organisational safety and health requirements
2. Control non-conforming products
- Types of non-conforming products
- Methods to segregate non-conforming products
- Organisational procedures to label non-conforming products
- Organisational procedures to record and report non-conforming products
- Implications of not following procedures relating to non-conforming products
3. Perform Housekeeping
- Purpose of warehouse layout plan
- Concept of 5S as a guideline
- Stock arrangement methods
- Cleaning and maintenance techniques
- Workplace safety and health practices when performing housekeeping
4. Review and Skills Practice
Training: 1.5 days (1st day: 9am to 6pm and 2nd day: 9am to 1pm)
Classroom-based experiential learning with roleplays, exercises and case studies
Duration: 90 mins/pax (2nd day)
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant
Full Course Fee: $374.50 (includes 7% GST)
For funding for employers, click here.
For funding for individuals, click here.
For more information, kindly contact us at 6826 3100.
Learners are assumed to:
- be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills
System (ESS) level 2
- be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 2
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.