2019 Intake: 15-30 July l 7-23 Oct
WSQ Apply Failure Mode Effect and Analysis (FMEA) Techniques is a jointly launched training programmeby SMF Centre for Corporate Learning (SMF CCL) and Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA). This is one of the Specialisation Electives that leads to the award of WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) in Generic Manufacturing Skills (Quality Systems).
This programme provides learner with generic knowledge and application skills in using Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) techniques. It covers the principles and the method for the identification, implementation and follow up of FMEA methodology. This unit also provides learners the opportunity to apply, demonstrate and practise the skills learnt in applying the FMEA techniques.
1. Introduction to FMEA
- Situations for which FMEA are needed
- FMEA: Identifying & Analyse Failure Modes
- FMEA: Assess & Prioritise the risks
- Failure modes, failure effects, causes, current control & RPN
- FMEA: Cross Functional Team Approach
2. Developing a Design FMEA
- Role of DFMEA
- FMEA: 14 Steps Process
- Research Related Information
- Develop the P-Diagram of Block Diagram
- FMEA for software
- Typical potential failures mechanisms of software failures modes
3. Developing a Process FMEA
- Applications of Design FMEA & Process FMEA
- Design and Process FMEA in product development process
- Evaluate manufacturing process requirements (Process FMEA)
- Identify High Risk Process
4. FMEA Implementation Strategy
- FMEA Implementation Issues
- FMEA Policy
- Implementation roadmap
- FMEA integration
- Common failures and success factors in FMEA deployment
2 days (9.00am ~ 6.00pm)
Duration: 2 hours
Method: Oral/Written assessment & Work Assignment
Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to read, write, listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System
(ESS) level 8
- Have an in depth knowledge of their organisational products/ design and process flow
- Have presentation skills
- Have basic knowledge in problem solving (eg. Brain-storming session, fault tree analysis)
- Be able to apply effective team leadership skills in managing and leading FMEA team members
Full Course Fee: $695.50 (includes 7% GST)
For funding for employers, click here.
For funding for individuals, click here.
For more information, kindly contact us at 6826 3100.
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.