2018 Intake: 16,17 Jan l 12,13 Feb l 09,10 Apr l 10,11 Apr l 11,12 Jul l 06,07 Aug l 08,09 Oct l 08,09 Nov
Productivity and Innovation is everybody's business. In this 2-day programme, participants will learn a practical hands-on approach to identify and clarify problems, collect pertinent data, translate the idea into value-added information and analyse the root causes.
1. Understand the concept, definition and process of root cause analysis
2. Uncover the real root cause(s) of problems faced in their daily operations and enable fact-based
3. Understand and differentiate the different types of causes within a problem
- Introduction to the Root Cause Analysis Methodology
- Problem-Solving Team Formation
- Problem Identification
- Effective Data Collection
- Analytical Tools to Identify Possible Causes
- Drilling Down the Root Cause
- Direct Cause, Contributing Cause and Root Cause
- Why-Why Analysis
- Generating, Selection and Testing of Solutions
- Monitoring Effectiveness of Solutions
- Assessment of Results and Reporting
Who should attend
Front line managers, team leaders, quality assurance engineers, supervisors and
productivity champions responsible for problem-solving or initiating productivity
improvement programmes. They may be involved in:
- managing people
- data collection
- root cause analysis
- selection of the appropriate solution
- ensuring implementation and effectiveness
- reporting on the problems and the follow-up action
1. Understand and apply the root cause analysis methodology to problem solving
2. Stratify the different types of causes - direct, contributing and root causes effectively
3. Use appropriate tools and techniques for analysing possible causes and develop
solutions for a problem
4. Select the appropriate solutions in a structured manner
5. Lead or facilitate small group inmprovement activities to solve routine problems
in the organisation
2-day classroom training
Full Course Fee: $695.50 (includes 7% GST)
For funding for employers, click here.
For funding for individuals, click here.
For more information, kindly contact us at 6826 3100.
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax : 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.