2016 Intake: 13,14,15 Jan l 28,29,30 Mar l 23,24,25 May
This course is developed to enable an individual to acquire the skills and knowledge in applying team work at the work place. It is a systematic approach that workers can use to make incremental and breakthrough improvements in processes that produce products and services for customers.
This course is specially developed by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) to facilitate approved organisations under the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications System (WSQ) scheme in training and preparing their staff to achieve the Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the competency unit “Apply teamwork in the work place.”
At the end of the training program, the participant will be able to:
- Assist team in defining team purpose, goals and objectives in relation to strategic plan
- Assist establishment of team timeframes, tasks, resources, accountabilities and monitoring and review processes for operational activities
- Provide support required by team to achieve outcomes
- Assist development of strategies for ongoing team participation in planning, decision making, communications and operations
- Assist in developing a cooperative and participative environment/ culture and provide feedback and support in order to resolve problems
- Assist in maintaining open two-way communication between team and management for transfer of information and resolution of problems
- Assist in identifying team learning and development needs and plan to address them
- Undertake formal and informal learning opportunities to address team development needs
1. Participate In Team Establishment
- Team’s purpose, goals and objectives are defined and documented in accordance with organisations' strategic plan
- Timeframes, tasks, resources, responsibilities and accountabilities are established in consultation with supervisor and team members
- Appropriate method of monitoring and reviewing team performance is established
- Team’s outcomes are collectively identified
- Identification of team performance improvement beyond the current goals and objectives are carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
2. Participate in developing a team culture
- Team involvement in assisting the implementation of organisational strategies is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Participation in identifying and addressing problems related to team performance is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Skills, experience and knowledge are shared with team members
- Participate in reviewing of team communication processes is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
3. Communicating with Team Members
- Appropriate communications channels are used for transfer of information between supevisor and team members
- Participation in the application of the organisation’s formal process for assessing team performance is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Participation in the application of the organisation’s review for team activities is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Appropriate organisation’s communication channels are used for reporting and resolving problems
- Participation in the promotion and modelling a culture of open and effective communications are carried out within the work team and in consultation with supervisor and team member
- Participation in the development of open communication which includes management of communication channels and reporting lines within the work team is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Participation in providing timely feedback as team performance is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
4. Assist improvement of team performance
- Team learning and professional needs are identified and determined in consultation with supervisor and team members
- Participate in formal and informal learning and development opportunities to address needs are carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Information related to monitoring and evaluating team members learning and development activities is provided by the work team
- Inputs for measuring and recording team skills and performance improvement are provided by the work team
- Team performance measurements, achievement of goals set and future goals development are recorded in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Participation in reviewing of team performance against goals and objectives is carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
- Follow-up actions for work team performance and achievement of goals are carried out in accordance with established organisational procedures
Training: 2 days (9am - 6 pm)
Classroom-based experiential learning with roleplays, exercises and case studies
Duration: 90 mins
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant.
Full Course Fee: $374.50 (includes 7% GST)
For funding for employers, click here.
For funding for individuals, click here.
For more information, kindly contact us at 6826 3100.
Learners are assumed to:
- be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills
System (ESS) level 4
- be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 4
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.