2985 Jalan Bukit Merah, Singapore 159457
This course is developed to enable an individual to acquire the basic skills and knowledge in practicing Safety and Health at workplace. Whether it's initial training for new worker or refresher training for experienced people, this programme saves valuable training time as it teaches proven knowledge that creates strong safety awareness.
Upon completion of the programme, learner will have the knowledge and application skills in carrying out planning daily work to meet workplace safety and health requirements, ensuring safety of other co-workers and theirs, identifying and monitoring of hazards, complying with MOM safety requirements and implementing risk controls.
1. Plan daily work to meet
- Types and interpretation of relevant
- Types and usage of personal protective equipment (
- Types and usage of safety devices and equipment
- Identify own duties and responsibilities according to organisational
2. Identify and monitor hazards
- Identify and monitor hazards by conducting
- Report any abnormalities and problems encountered in identifying and monitoring hazards to designated
personnel according to organisational
3. Comply with
- Contribute to
- Carry out daily work according to organisational
4. Implement risk controls
- Carry out risk controls determined in organisational RA
Training: 2 days (9am - 6pm)
Classroom-based experiential learning with roleplays, exercises and case studies
Duration: 90 mins
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant.
$49.22 (includes 7% GST and WDA funding for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents)
Learners are assumed to:
- be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills
System (ESS) level 3
- be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.