- The Enhanced SME QIANG - Quality Initiatives to Assist, Nurture and Grow
The Enhanced SME QIANG is a breakthrough training programme developed in conjunction with and supported by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to increase productivity of SMEs.
The essence lies in creating value through Business Model Innovation (BMI) and delivering value through optimizing Productivity.
With the continued global economic slowdown and growing uncertainties in the future, and as industries go through transformation, the functions and roles of business are also changing. For instance, due to increasing globalization and accessibility of the internet, buyers and sellers are able to contact one another directly, thereby phasing out the roles of middlemen.
Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) helps companies to better equip themselves against these market challenges by developing in –house productivity champions to create a productivity DNA and culture to stay ahead of the pack as it takes time for competitors to follow suit. In essence, companies have to be future ready and stay relevant in this age of disruptive technologies and intense competition.
Join the pool of hundreds of participating companies in achieving significant productivity improvements with proven methodologies.
Module 1: Introduction to Productivity Improvements and Business Model Innovation
This module equips senior management with the knowledge and know-how to effectively deploy project teams, manage change and promote executive sponsorship. The training will also highlight key areas that are essential for achieving the breakthrough improvement in their business process performances.
Business Model innovation, or BMI, is defined as an innovative way to capture, create, develop and deliver value to the customer and market. Many SMEs in Singapore need to transform their business models which are becoming irrelevant. What we are witnessing today is an explosion of business model innovation that is not only changing the rules of the game but the entire game itself. Today, most business models integrate technological innovations in their strategies. These strategies need to consider factors including rising costs and availability of factors of production, changing customer demographics, environmental issues and competition. Companies seeking to revamp their business models need to be innovative to stand out from the competition. This is where BMI comes into play.
Duration: 1 Day Classroom Training
Introduction to Productivity Improvements and Business Model Innovation:
• Lean Six Sigma Overview
• Alignment with Business Strategy & Objectives
• Role of Executives and Champions in a Productivity Initiative
• Understanding, Leading and Dealing with Change
• Jobs Redesign
• Business Model Innovation (BMI) – Optional
Module 2: WSQ Implement Lean Six Sigma
This module provides the knowledge and skills which connect to your business operations for maximum benefits. In essence, companies will take more positively to skills and implementation outcomes.
Duration: 4 Days Classroom Training
• Introduction to Lean
• Lean Culture
• Value Stream Mapping
• Stability and Process Improvement
Module 3: WSQ Plan and Implement Productivity Framework
Productivity is a continuous journey and has to be inculcated in every company’s culture in order for companies to sustain and grow in a constantly competitive and disruptive marketplace. This module helps the company to sustain its productivity drive by guiding the team of designated Productivity Champions and trained Productivity Managers to set up a productivity framework.
Duration: 1 Day Classroom Training + 0.5 Day Workshop
Course Outline (1 Day Classroom Training)
• Implement Project Identification Process
• Define Productivity Metrics and Implement a Process Tracking System
• Implement Initiative Scheme
0.5 Day Workshop
• Review Implementation Plan
• Review Implemented Productivity Improvement Project
• Identify 3 Projects for Subsequent Implementation
Productivity Improvement Project
The classroom training provided will weave into project implementation in a blended approach over an 8-week period.
The training mechanics involve segmenting the 8-week project implementation period into 4 x 2-week project phases. The start of each phase is a 1-day intensive classroom training to impart relevant skills for that phase, followed immediately by project work for the remaining phase.
A complimentary workshop during this phase allows the trainees to be coached on how to apply the skills to the real project to maximise knowledge transfer.
Duration: 8 Weeks
• Project Scoping
• Value Stream Mapping
• Genba Analysis
• Root Cause Analysis
• Improvement Ideas and Plans
• Improvement Results Confirmation
• Work Standardisation and Control Plans
• One-to-One Productivity Consultancy Session
• Business Model Innovation Class (1 day)
Written and Project Work
A WSQ statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to participants that have completed each competency unit and passed the required assessment.
ADMISSION CRITERIA/PROGRAMME FEE
This programme is targeted at SMEs. Please check with us for funding eligibility.
* Funding is subject to change with effect from 1st August 2017
****For SMEs the project funding from SSG is up to 90% of the fees (excluding GST), subject to a cap of $7,200 per project.
For non-SMEs the project funding from SSG is up to 70% of the fees (excluding GST), subject to a cap of $5,000 per project.
SMEs are defined as enterprises with Minimum 30% local shareholdings and Companies group annual sales turnover of not more than $100million or Companies group employment size of not more than 200 workers.
Click here to contact us for more information
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and to be certified competence for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.