Statistical Process Control (SPC) is a powerful statistical tool on process monitoring and control to ensure conforming product delivered. As a continuous improvement tool, SPC measure and analyse the variation in processes and trigger process owners to take action to maintain and improve process stability and products quality.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of SPC including basic statistics and control chart introduction. The course will guide participants on SPC set-up & interpretation and Out of Control (OOC) analysis.
This programme aims to help a participant to:
1. Understand basic statistics behind SPC
2. Understand different types of control charts and interpretation of SPC
3. Understand how to perform Out of Control analysis and take valid corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
4. Understand Process Capability analysis
Unit 1: Introduction and Statistics Premier
- Introduction to SPC
- Basic Statistics
- Types of Data
- Central limit Theorem
- Variation and Specification
Unit 2: Control Chart
- Common elements of control charts
- Variable Control Chart
- Attribute Control Chart
- Subgroup selection
- Interpretation of SPC
Unit 3: Out of Control (OOC) analysis
- Data collection
- Measurement System Analysis
- Direct, contributing & real root cause analysis
- Solution and follow up activities
Unit 4: Process Capability Analysis
- Specification limits and Control limits
- Process capability Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk
Operators, engineers, supervisors, and managers who are involved in setting-up and interpreting control charts in their jobs.
At the end of the programme, a participant will be able to:
1. Understand the purpose of setting-up and applying SPC tools
2. Set up and interpret SPC control charts
3. Handle OOC properly to prevent re-occurrence
4. Calculate process capability indexes
2 days classroom training
- Must be either Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Currently Employed
Course Fee = S$642.00/pax (Incl GST)
After Funding: $321.00/pax (Incl GST)
|Union members may receive funding under the National Trades Union Congress’ (NTUC) Union Training Assistance Programme(UTAP) of up to S$250 per member per calendar year.|
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.