WSQ COS is a certification awarded by WDA, specially designed for operational-level workers, providing them with the basic training and skills as operations specialist in the manufacturing or in performing technical duties in other manufacturing-related industries.
Click below to register for individual modules.
MODULE 1: WSQ Apply 5S Techniques
- SEIRI - Clear unnecessary items from work area
- SEITON - Organise work area in an orderly manner
- SEISO - Clean work area
- SEIKETSU - Maintain work area cleanliness
- SHITSUKE - Maintain self-discipline in work area
MODULE 2: WSQ Apply Quality System
- Plan daily work to meet quality system requirements
- Carry out daily work to meet quality system requirements
- Maintain and improve work quality
MODULE 3: WSQ Apply Teamwork in the Workplace
- Participate in team establishment and developing a team culture
- Communicating with team members and assist improvement of team performance
MODULE 4: WSQ Apply Workplace Safety and Health Policy
- Plan daily work to meet WSH requirements, while identifying and monitor hazards
- Comply with WSH procedures
- Implement risk control
Training: 2 days (9am - 6pm) per module
Total of 8 days for 4 modules
Classroom-based experiential learning with roleplays, exercises and case studies.
Duration: 90 mins (on each module)
Method: Q&A and Pratical
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant.
- Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English, OR
- Possess the following competency ratings from the Employability Skills System (ESS):
- Listening/Speaking Min. Level 3
- Reading/Writing Min. Level 3
- Numeracy Min. Level 3
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
Tel: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.