In this two-day workshop, participants will learn to apply effective listening skills in their everyday work and life at the highest level. They will acquire and practice useful techniques as part of their continuous self-development in listening and communication. With these skills they will multiple their values to their organizations by becoming much more understanding, have great relationships with everyone in the workplace and achieve outstanding performance their job and their life.
Participants will be exposed to various cognitive strategies as defined by NLP “Models of Excellence”, techniques of dealing with people of different personality types, and Emotional Intelligence EQ strategies for improving their selfawareness and social expertness. This is a highly engaging and intensive, experiential and dynamic workshop packed with learning activities, practical exercises, laughter, fun and experience sharing.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Really understand what listening is as against just hearing.
• Know the importance of properly defining listening and its behaviours.
• Identify their listening styles and areas in which their learning can have the most impact.
• Identify common distractions when listening.
• Understand various types of bad listening behaviours and how to overcome them.
• Understand the characteristics of various personality types.
• Apply the appropriate strategies for each personality types and build strong relationships with everyone.
• Understand the secret language of feelings.
• Listen at a deeper level using EQ strategies.
• Apply techniques of empathic listening.
• Masterfully utilize nonverbal communication for more complete listening.
• Understand NLP Model of Communication.
• Apply general principles and NLP techniques for effective listening.
• Use NLP Meta-model and paraphrasing for effective listening.
- Facts about Listening Skills
- Identifying and Understanding Listening Styles
- Overcoming Barriers to Effective Listening
- Working Well with all Personality Types
- Impact of Feelings on Listening Effectiveness
- Empathic Listening
- Nonverbal Communication
Power of NLP Communication
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone committed to improve performance and relationships with others
2 days (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $599.20*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.