This course is designed to further develop and implement competencies to enhance your relationships at work and life by increasing your understanding of social and emotional behaviours, and learning how to adapt and manage your responses to particular stressful situations. This programme helps you to build stronger relationships, succeed at work, and achieve your career and personal goals.
As a result of attending this programme, participants should be able to:
• Understand the concept of emotional intelligence
• Identify the competencies that constitute emotional intelligence
• Develop EI skills that will help produce desired outcome
• Learn strategies and techniques on managing oneself better
• Learn how to influence others
• Understand the knowledge and skills required to creating opportunities for growth
• Learn techniques for enhancing relationships
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Customer service staff, support and administrative staff, secretaries, business development executives, sales professionals, office professionals, supervisors and managers.
o Emotional Intelligence: The new yardstick for success
o Emotional Intelligence vs. Cognitive Intelligence
o The Emotional Brain
o Quick assessment of your Emotional Intelligence
o Understanding and overcoming roadblocks
• EI Leadership Competencies and Strengths
o Emotional Competencies
o Self-awareness and self-management
o Social awareness and relationship management
o Exploring personal strengths
o Exercising flexibility and adaptability in the face of change
• Dealing with Challenges through Self-Mastery
o Understanding and managing your emotions
o Building self-confidence
o Maintaining resilience
• Interpersonal Skills to influence others and build relationships
o The power of empathy
o Core influencing skills
o Building rapport and effective communication
• Making it work
o Strategies for promoting Emotional Intelligence
o Develop an Emotional Intelligence Development Plan
Member: S$406.60 (inclusive of GST)
Non-member: S$438.70 (inclusive of GST)
1 Day, 9am to 5pm
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.