It is crucially evident that people (management and employees) are a very important dimension in the success of an organization. Besides affecting fellow colleagues subordinately – positively or negatively – and playing a big role in shaping culture, they also have a huge impact on business where operationally, they can alter the financial outcome, as reported by Sears – a retail giant grossing in excess of US$40 billion a year in revenue :
Improve 5% in employee attitude
= 1.3% improvement in customer impression
= 0.5% improvement in revenues
= US$ 200 million
The figures speak for themselves. We shall explore opportunities within organizations where the launching, sustenance, and/or improvement of the 5S landscape – linking to crucial enablers such as culture and motivation - will be the focus.
By attending this hands-on-workshop, you will:
1. Have a good understanding of culture and its consequence
2. Understand the concepts of Kaizen, and its supporting 3 “legs”
3. Enhance their execution of 5S
4. Increase employee participation in problem solving and teamwork
5. Learn how to effectively deal with motivation
6. Be conversant in influencing towards a positive attitude at workplace
1. Introduction to Kaizen
2. The 3 supporting “legs”
3. 5S : why 5S & The benefits of 5S implementation
4. Current scenario at your company (picture and video)
5. Case awareness
6. Why is there a “gap” between knowledge and execution?
7. Consequence of the “gap” you have created on your colleagues.
8. What is stopping employees from having great initiatives?
9. The concept of Empowerment
10. The creation of attitude and culture in relation to Psychological Contract
11. Exercise on “Obelisk” : A look at your “team”
12. What do employees want? What are the needs?
13. Summary : your contributions
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $428.00*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.