- WSQ Certificate in Generic Manufacturing Skills (Precision/Logistics)
Developed by WDA for the manufacturing sector, the Certificate in Generic Manufacturing maps out essential cross-cutting generic skills and training needed at Operations, Supervisory and Managerial levels. This certification sets national skills standards across manufacturing industries. Certificate in Generic Manufacturing helps to develop and maintain the competitive edge of your organization. With your employees better skilled, you can definitely expect improved profitability, efficiency, service and safety.
Certificate in Generic Manufacturing consists of 5 modules in total. There are two available tracks for participants to choose from - Logistic Pathway or Precision Pathway. Participants must complete the three core modules: Apply 5S Techniques, Apply Quality System, and Apply Teamwork in the Workplace, prior to taking the additional two relevant elective modules to receive full certification in their chosen track.
Module 1: WSQ Apply 5S Techniques
Participants will understand the fundamentals in applying the 5S methodology (Seiri, Seiton, Seisō, Seiketsu, Shitsuke), which is a component of lean manufacturing. The 5S program focuses on having visual order, organization, cleanliness and standardization.
Module 2: WSQ Apply Quality Systems
It is critical for employees to understand the importance of quality in an organization, especially for
Module 3: WSQ Apply Teamwork in the Workplace
Effective teamwork is essential for an organization to realize its high-performance potential with the aim of creating synergy within the team.. To operate effectively, team members must achieve a level of integration of values, purpose, attitudes and actions in a environment.
A. LOGISTICS Pathway
Module 4: WSQ Perform Warehouse Operations
Warehouse operations is one of the key functions in a business environment. One operation cannot be successful without improving on productivity in every aspect of the warehouse operations. Participants will acquire the skills and knowledge on effective warehouse organization and correct handling of goods.
Module 5: WSQ Perform Stock Control & Housekeeping Operations
Proper stock control is crucial to optimizing productivity and profitability. Participants will be equipped with the fundamentals on the application of stock taking procedures and control non-confirming products in their daily work activities.
B. PRECISION Pathway:
Module 4: WSQ Use Hand Tools
The misuse and improper maintenance of hand tools are the leading causes of injury during work. This module focuses on the safety procedures for using hand tools and what the procedures on their maintenance. Organization interested to promote safety workplace environment are encouraged to take up this module.
Module 5: WSQ Operate Basic Measuring Devices
Without measurement there is no control. Accurate measurements and good measurement practices are linked to effectiveness and productivity. Participants will learn the proper usage of various measuring tools to perform measurement tasks in their daily work activities.
Training: 2 days (9am - 6pm) per module
Total: 15 Days (for whole certification)
Classroom-based experiential learning with roleplays, exercises and case studies
Duration: 90 mins (on the 3rd day)
Method: Oral & Practical Assessments
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant
Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
Phone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance, sat and certified competence for all required assessments.
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.