In conjunction with the national productivity drive to raise productivity growth by 2 to 3 percent over the next ten years, there is a need to initiate more business innovation initiatives and training interventions that encompass implementation of relevant productivity and innovation tools such as continuous improvement, business process re-engineering and lean six sigma methodology that could help companies improve their operational efficiency and productivity. To meet this objective, the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) and Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) jointly developed the Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Certified Productivity & Innovation Manager qualification under Generic Manufacturing Skills WSQ framework. Through this productivity improvement programme, participants are trained to become change agents or Productivity Champions in their respective companies to increase productivity.
The WSQ Certified Productivity & Innovation Manager is designed for professionals, managers, consultants and project teams, to be trained and developed as Productivity Champions or change agents within companies to implement productivity and business innovation tools and initiatives at the enterprise level.
Unit 1: Certified Operations Professionals
- Supervise Teams at Work (24 hours)
- Supervise Work Improvement Process (16 hours)
- Supervise Quality Procedures (16 hours)
- Supervise Workplace Safety and Health Practices (24 hours)
Unit 2: WSQ Implement Business Process Reengineering (32 hours)
Plan process re-engineering strategies for business
- Initiate reengineering project
- Identify and select processes for reengineering
- Map processes using process chart
- Identify value added and non-value added activities within a process
- Evaluate the process in term of cost, duration and service quality
- Benchmark process within the industry
- Reengineer the processes to meet business objectives
- Verify new process with stakeholders
Implement process re-engineering strategies in an organisation
- Develop a reengineering project plan
- Simulate the new processes for optimum results
- Map existing skill sets to new skill sets
- Structure the organisation and jobs to support the new process
- Replace old KPIs with new KPIs to support the new process
- Introduce change management
- Critical thinking
- Conduct post reengineering review
- Initiate new continuous improvement programs
Unit 3: WSQ Implement Lean Six Sigma (32 hours)
- Introduction to Lean
- Lean Culture
- Value Stream Mapping
- Stability & Process Improvement
Unit 4: Implement Enterprise Productivity Improvement Project
Upon completion of the above units, participants will undertake an identified Enterprise Productivity Improvement Project within their organisations to implement the productivity and innovation tools and initiatives at the enterprise level.
Productivity coaches will be assigned to guide the participants to implement the identified enterprise level project and apply the knowledge and skills acquired from the WSQ Certified Productivity & Innovation training, which will translate into actual productivity gains for the company.
Productivity gains include reengineering of specific business or manufacturing processes such as operations management, order fulfilment, logistics and warehousing, supply chain management, customer service management and more. At the end of the Enterprise project, the business process is measured for productivity gains and a report on the successes of these projects will be submitted for evaluation.
The programme is offered on a full-time basis over a 6-month period customised to the client companies’ schedules. The programme consists of 3 modules conducted over 18 days, followed by a 3-4 month period for the Implement Enterprise Productivity Improvement Project component of the course.
Units 1 – 3 : 18 days (9am - 6pm)
Unit 4 : Implement Enterprise Productivity Improvement Project takes 3 to 4 months
Programme commencement date can be tailored to suit your needs. Please call for enquiries.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be awarded with a WSQ Certified Productivity and Innovation Manager certificate issued by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) and a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for each individual unit.
- Diploma qualification and/or
- A minimum of 5 years working experience
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
Participants must be Singaporeans/PRs and are currently employed by the company.
Click here to contact us for more information.
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.