- Sales & Marketing
- Interpret Business Laws for Non-Legal Executives in a Manufacturing Environment
The unit explores the Singapore legal system to provide a basic understanding of how law is made and the working of the Singapore Court system. It will also give learners a basic understanding of contract laws and how they operate in the manufacturing environment. In addition, learners will also explore the impact of business torts, the law related top business organisations and agency.
This unit will equip individuals working in the manufacturing industry with relevant skills when looking at commercial contracts so that they have a working knowledge of how the law operates and if necessary, be able to consider the legal implications of their actions.
- Understand the Singapore legal system and Courts system
- Understand and explain the formation of contracts
- Analyse the importance of terms in contracts and understand the impact of common contract clauses in manufacturing contracts
- Analyse how contracts are discharged
- Analyse breach of contract and the available remedies under contract law
- Understand the impact of business torts
- Analyse the role of Agents in business transactions
- Explain the different types of Business Organisations
9am to 6pm
Classroom-based experiential learning with exercises and discussions
Method: Q&A, written and project work
Min 75% attendance and undergo assessment are required to qualify for government grant.
Before Funding: S$963 (inclusive of 7% GST)
To apply for funding, please log in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.