The telephone can be an effective and highly efficient medium to increase a firm’s business. At one end, it is used to provide complementary services to customers and enhance their loyalty; at the other end, it is becoming increasingly important as an additional distribution channel to introduce or cross-sell products. Somewhere in between, the telephone is used as a vital part in the funneling process to qualify enquiries and turn them into hot leads for the salesforce to follow up and make the sale. This is especially important for the more complex and big-ticket products. This workshop is designed to equip customer contact personnel with the core skills to perform effectively over the telephone. Those who want to go beyond “sounding nice” to give customers a wonderful on-line experience would find this program most helpful too.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand how to use the telephone to get leads, sales and serve customers
2. Know how to avoid major errors in using the telephone
3. Be able to adopt a professional telephone selling process
1. Telephone: Tool or Nuisance
2. Major Errors in Using the Telephone
3. Handling Techniques
4. Qualities Of A Successful Telemarketer
5. The Customer Buying Process
6. The Consultative Selling Process
7. Turning Enquiries Into Sales
8. Cross-selling and Selling-up
9. Scripting Messages & Opening the Call
10. Opening a “Cold” Call
11. Clearing Roadblocks
12. Identifying & Confirming Needs
13. Probe, Listen, Clarify
14. Presenting Benefits & Responding to Objections
15. Suggestions for effective presentations
16. Techniques for handling resistance and objections
17. Obtaining Commitments
18. Techniques to help smoothly lead to a commitment
19. Using the Complete Telemarketing Process
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $321.00*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.