APICS Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) Part 2
The APICS Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) provides a comprehensive body of knowledge, best practices and standards to allow candidates to better respond to supply disruptions, respond to demand variations and manage supply chain risk.
CPIM serves the needs of both professionals and employers around the world by making you a more valuable asset to your organization and keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s global economy.
Why should I earn the CPIM?
The pandemic caused a major shift in consumer demand and put a spotlight on supply chain vulnerabilities. This makes planning more important than ever, and and the CPIM program gives you the tools and skills to address these challenges.
Earning the APICS CPIM demonstrates mastery of an organization’s internal operations and an in depth understanding of materials management, master scheduling, forecasting, production planning and how it applies across the extended supply chain.
If you have any of these responsibilities, CPIM is right for you:
- Work with an ERP system, or other manufacturing systems and technologies
- Planning, at any level of the planning hierarchy
- Work with the Master Production Schedule and/or Materials Requirement Planning
- Manufacturing inventory management and control
- Plan procurement and external sources of supply
- Manufacturing finance
Schedules at a glance:
After completing the course and earning the CPIM, you will be able to:
- Increase inventory accuracy and reduce inventory
- Improve forecasting
- Improve the S&OP process
- Manage and apply capacity resource planning
- Work more productively with your company’s ERP system
CPIM Part 1
Module 1: Supply Chain Overview
Module 2: Fundamentals of Demand Management
Module 3: Plan Supply
Module 4: Executing the Supply Plan
Module 5: Inventory Management
Module 6: Continuous Improvement and Quality Management and Technologies
CPIM Part 2
Module 1: Strategy
Module 2: Sales and Operations Planning
Module 3: Demand
Module 4: Supply
Module 5: Inventory
Module 6: Detailed Schedules
Module 7: Distribution
Module 8: Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Technology
Modules listed above are based on the current version of CPIM 7.0
It is compulsory to meet the 75% attendance, complete and pass the assessment at the end of the training course to obtain the WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA).
To obtain an internationally-recognized APICS CPIM certification, you must sit for and pass both the APICS CPIM Part 1 and Part 2 exams within 3 years. Please check with our consultant for the purchase of exam credits and arrangement of exam dates.
There are no pre-requisites
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.