Analytical & Creative Thinking Skills
Effective managers and workers are characterized to possess problem solving skills that are analytical and creative, even though different skills are required for each type of problem. This course will stimulate, challenge and unleash your abilities to analyze and conceptualize creative solutions for greater effectiveness and efficiency. It will then offer participants specific guidelines and techniques for improving both analytical and creative thinking skills. It will conclude with a discussion of how participants can foster creative thinking and innovation among the people with whom they work.
At the end of the 1-day programme, participants will be able to:
1. Increase personal efficiency in analytical and creative thinking skills
2. Recognize personal conceptual blocks and enhance creativity by overcoming them
3. Foster innovativeness within you and among others in a group
1. What is creativity?
2. Why do we need creativity at work?
3. Impact of creativity on you professionally
4. Identify your creative challenges
5. Mental barriers to creative thinking and problem solving
6. Let go of the past and take “risks”
7. Negative attitudes that block creativity
8. Positive attitudes for creativity
9. Characteristics of the creative person
10. Develop creative thinking tools for personal and work success
11. Personal action plan
SMF Members: $374.50*
Price above is GST inclusive
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.