Creative Problem Solving in Groups Using PRISM
In today’s dynamic business environment, organisations are facing extreme pressure to remain competitive and to handle heightened levels of complexity and change. As a result, there is a growing need in managers and executives who are concerned with the future sustainability to deal with innovation and creativity.
While many see that creativity as predominately an individual affair, it is important to consider this personal power within the context of groups. Group members provide energy, diversity of experience and a variety of viewpoints. However, though a collection of diverse experience and perspectives can be beneficial to the generation of ideas, failure to effectively manage the creative problem solving process can lead to headaches. Hence, it is vital that the group’s assets are capitalised while their liabilities are minimised by introducing a balance of creative and critical thinking towards achieving the goals.
At the end of this 1-day programme, participants should be able to:
1) Introduce group members to creative approaches that help nurture individual creativity.
2) Equip members of group with methods and techniques to developing solutions that drives efficiency and increase productivity.
3)Help group members develop the creative approach to addressing challenges and issues at work.
4) Enable participants to hone creative problem solving skills by applying them to a diverse set of issues.
5) Provide participants with tools to translate broadly defined opportunities into actionable innovation possibilities and recommendations.
Step 1: Problem Identification
Group members begin by seeking opportunities, examining the challenges or concerns from many different viewpoints by employing various techniques. These include The 5-Whys, the Why-Why Diagram and Contexting. In considering the various probable problem statements, it provides a better understanding of the problem, challenge or opportunity.
Step 2: Results Definition
A problem statement is defined and goals are established using techniques such as Guided visioning and Scenario development.
Step 3: Ideation
Using idea generation techniques like SCAMPER, Brain Writing, Brutethink, Reframing Matrix and 3Bs, the problem is approached with an open and beginners mind to encourage all members within the group to generate as many, varied and unusual ideas.
Step 4: Selection
As a group, ideas of interesting potential or are promising are chosen using NUF, Dot Voting and Reverse Brainstorming. Criteria for analysing and refining these potential ideas are determined and before proceeding to selection.
Step 5: Making it Happen!
Formulate and implement action plan taking into account the probable assistance and resistance.
Who Should Attend?
Managers and executives who wish to learn how to employ creative techniques in solving problems as a group.
SMF Member: S$480
Non SMF member: S$410
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.