Enhancing Communication and Interpersonal Skills
People who are able to perform their professional roles effectively are those who possess powerful communication skills and a solid understanding of the differences in the way people interact. Effective human interaction can be achieved through developing an in-depth understanding of inter-personal communications. It is an essential skill for career success and a critical factor in today’s fast-paced, technological-oriented environment. Developing and using good interpersonal interaction skills often leads to more productive work environments, as well as positive relationships with colleagues, bosses and clients. Establishing and maintaining productive communication with people is a challenging part of a person’s work and social life.
At the end of the 2-day programme, participants will be able to:
1. To communicate effectively with one another under different circumstances & conditions
2. To develop their ability to express themselves so as to gain co-operation
3. To resolve conflicts that will arise in their working relationships
4. To learn to accept and welcome feedback for a more open understanding of each other
5. To listen actively so as to understand the message and feelings of the speaker
1. The Four Principles of Interpersonal Communication
2. What are the Barriers to Communication?
3. Towards a more Open Communication
4. Giving Feedback
5. Blame Attribution
6. The Listening Process
7. Learning How to Listen
8. Response Skills
9. You Personality Affects Your Attitude
10. Managing Conflicts
SMF Members: $599.20*
Non-SMF Members: $642.00*
Price above is GST inclusive
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.