Fundamentals of Purchasing Skills for New Buyers and Purchasers
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge in purchasing management fundamentals and various methods of operating the daily purchasing processes, and purchasing techniques to increase savings on purchases.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the principles of the Six "Rights", role of the purchasing, supplier development, purchase control, techniques and tactics in purchasing negotiation.
- Examine purchasing administration and Control, design supplier performance measurements.
- Develop supplier evaluation and certification, evaluate price and cost analysis.
1. The Six "Rights" in Purchasing
- Purchasing Objectives, Six “Rights” in purchasing
2. The Role of the Purchasing in Today's Organization
- Functional Purchasing, Cross Functional Purchasing, etc.
3. Purchasing Administration and Control
- Purchasing Cycle, Procurement Cycle, etc.
4. The Concept of Supplier Development
- Supplier Development, CSR, etc
5. The Concept of Supplier Performance Measurement
- Supplier Performance Measurement, etc.
6. The Supplier Evaluation and Certification
- Supplier Evaluation, Supplier Relationship, etc.
7. Approach to Purchase Control
- Qualitative assessment, Buying efficiency, etc.
8. Purchasing Negotiation
- Why, what and when to negotiate? Basic negotiation strategy in Purchasing, etc
9. Price and Cost Analysis in Purchasing
- What is Price Analysis and Cost Analysis, Factors in price analysis, etc.
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for New buyers, Purchasing Executives, New hire to Purchasing, Purchasing Assistant
SMF Member: $560
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.