WSQ Implementation of IoT for Organization
This course aims to satisfy the manufacturing sector needs of skilled workforce to implement Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
The internet of things (IoT) refers to interconnected sensors, instruments, and other devices networked together with computers’ industrial applications, including manufacturing and energy management. This connectivity allows for data collection, exchange, and analysis, potentially facilitating improvements in productivity and efficiency as well as other economic benefits.
The IoT is an evolution of a distributed control system (DCS) that allows for a higher degree of automation by using cloud computing to refine and optimize the process controls. The IoT is enabled by technologies such as cybersecurity, cloud computing, edge computing, mobile technologies, machine-to-machine, 3D printing, advanced robotics, big data, internet of things, RFID technology, and cognitive computing.
At the end of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Interpret the concept of IoT and conduct briefings on the uses and functions of IoT technologies adopted by the organization.
- Identify areas for improvement via review of IoT testing results according to types & functionalities of devices and wireless communication technologies.
- Integrate information from multiple data sources and review data to produce insights of business value with data analytics techniques and concept of cybersecurity.
1. Introduction of IoT
- Industry 4.0
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- The uses and functions of IoT technologies
2. Understand types and functionalities of IoT and identify areas for improvement
- Types and functionalities of IoT devices
- Types of circuits and sensors within devices
- Types of wireless communication technologies
- Typical Architectural & Connectivity
- Review IoT testing results and identify areas for improvement
3. Integrate information and data analytics
- Data analytics techniques
- Concept of cybersecurity
- Integrate information from multiple data sources
- Review data to produce insights of business value
- Typical IoT implementation steps
4. Hands-on Practical Session
- Part 1: Setup a Raspberry Pi Temperature Monitor Sensor
- Part 2: Streaming Sensor Data in Real-Time with Azure IoT Hub
*Course fees before GST
**Funding is subjected to approval
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
It is recommended that participant meet the following:
- Minimum age requirement: 21
- Able to speak, listen, write, and read English with Numeracy skills at a minimum proficiency level 4 of the Employability Skills System (i.e., Workplace Literacy and Numeracy, WPLN).
- Some basic understanding / knowledge of IoT.
- At least 2 years relevant supervisory or managerial work experience.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government- funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6. When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.