Understanding Supply Chain
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge about the process and mechanism of Supply Chain. Learner will be able to trace upstream and downstream of a chain from suppliers to customers, provide a framework of examining a Supply-chain in details by defining and categorising the processes involved, and learn to appreciate why the company has implemented SCM initiatives to improve the business process of the total Supply Chain.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the process and mechanism of supply chain management (SCM).
- Understand the upstream and downstream of a chain from suppliers to customers.
- Appreciate why company has to implement SCM and the role you can play to improve the business processes.
1. Key Concepts of Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Management (A Strategic Business Essential)
- Why The Need For SCM? (Know Your Business Strategy)
2. SCM Activities & Suppliers Development
- SCM Suppliers Development (Concept of Suppliers Development)
- The Suppliers Development (Concept of Suppliers Development)
3. Company’s SCM System & You
- Know and understand the customers
- Understand the products, production process & information flow
4. Personal Action Plan
- Personal SCM Action KPA, KPI & KPB
- Personal Improvement Plan
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for employees / professionals seeking to boost productivity, collaboration, working to improve lead time, inventory, productivity and bottom line.
SMF Member: $400
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.