2017 Intake: 27 Feb l 14 Jun l 23 Oct
The programme has been designed for participants who have no experience in counselling but are willing to develop counselling skills and knowledge for application in their work areas such as in health, social services, education, customer service, human resource and supervisory work settings
The programme aims to :
- provide a basic level of knowledge about major approaches to counselling
- provide training in basic counselling skills and practice
- introduce the ethical and professional issues faced by counsellors in human service industries
- introduce a basic level of knowledge and skills in working with different client groups and specific client issues
- Introduction to Counselling
- Counsellor Awareness
- Counselling Skills
- Counselling Process and Model
- Counselling Specific Client Groups
- Multicultural Issues in Counselling
- Ethical and Professional Issues in Counselling
- Self-esteem Issues
- Relationship Issues
1 day (9am-5pm)
SMF Members: $321.00*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.