2018 Intake: 05 Feb l 10 May l 31 Aug l 20 Nov
This practical one day recruitment and selection course provides delegates with the skills, knowledge and confidence to recruit and select the right team member for the job.
We recommend that the recruitment and selection training programme is supported with the current recruitment and selection documentation and process to ensure that the training embeds best practice across the organisation.
For the interview skills practice sessions, our experience shows participants acquire a deeper level of learning when practising their interviewing skills with either internal candidates not attending the programme and unfamiliar to the participants e.g. casual staff or external candidates to the organisation. It provides them with more of a ‘real life’ experience.
The one day training course in recruitment and selection is ideal for managers with limited experience of recruitment, wanting to develop some skills and confidence in interviewing new team members to produce an accurate assessment, as well as understanding the whole selection process.
By the end of the one day training course, the participants will have:
- Recognised the importance of adopting a structured recruitment process and the use of relevant selection methods
- Screened candidates’ CVs or application forms using an agreed selection criteria for a job role and identify anomalies for further research
- Prepared for a first stage selection interview to ensure they create the right first impressions and candidate engagement
- Asked effective questions and accurately assess the candidate’s potential suitability for the role
- Effective recruitment and selection methods
- Screening and short listing job applicants
- Structuring and preparing for interviews
- Using effective questions
- Actively listening and taking notes
- Preparing for the selection interview
- Making the selection decision
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $374.50*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.