- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Fundamentals of Purchasing Skills for New Buyers and Purchasers
2018 Intake: 23-24 Jan l 20-21 Mar l 10-11 May l 19-20 Jul l 18-19 Sep l 22-23 Nov
1. The Concept of Supplier Development
- Six “Rights” in purchasing
- Sources of suppliers' information Purchasing needs
- Evaluating potential suppliers
2. Purchasing administration and control
- Purchasing in the organisation structure
- Centralised and Decentralised purchasing
- Types of purchasing practice
- Purchasing plan and documents control
3. The Concept of Supplier Development
- Main factors for evaluation
- Secondary factors-plant visits, financial conditions and management.
- Post-evaluation problems
- Group exercise
4. Purchasing administration and control
- Supplier evaluation
- Materials specification
- Materials standard
- Inspection concepts
5. Expediting and Follow-up
- Why expediting?
- When to expedite and when to follow-up
- What happens if expediting fail?
6. Basic Approach to Purchase Control
- Qualitative assessment of a number of board managerial responsibilities
- Buying efficiency
- Purchasing efficiency
7. Controlling Buying Efficiency
- Time factor
- Quantity and inventory efficiency
- Price paid for materials
- Audit of buying performance
8. Controlling Purchasing Efficiency
- Purchasing measurement
- Efficiency of personnel
- Key measures in planning workloads and controlling efficiency
9. Art and Science of Purchasing Negotiation
- Why, what and when to negotiate?
- Basic purchasing strategy in negotiation
- Preparing and planning for price negotiation
- Tactics and skills applied in negotiation
10. Price and Cost Analysis
- What is Price Analysis and Cost Analysis
- Useful technique for negotiation
- Factors in price analysis
- Work-out examples
This 2-day programme on fundamentals of purchasing skills is designed to give participants an understanding of purchasing management fundamentals and various methods of operating the daily purchasing processes. Participants will learn the methodology of the supplier’s evaluation and selection technique, buying efficiency, purchase negotiation, and administer the purchase.
2 days ( 9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $599.20*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.