Advanced Import/Export Documentation and Letter of Credit
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge in managing trade finance and incoterms in a fast-paced learning environment. The learners are expected to have some prior knowledge of incoterms and trade finance.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the differences and expectations of incoterms.
- Examine the availability and implications of international trade financing options and essential articles.
- Develop Process and Procedure on effective negotiation of Letter of Credit, reduce the possibility of fraud, and recognize the applicable eUCP rules.
1. International Trade Terms
- INCOTERMS Newer Version (Incoterms® 2020) vs Older Version, how to use the terms to your advantage, choice of the terms, etc
2. International Trade Financing
- Importance and Types of Banks, overdrafts and Loan, finance for exporter & importer, etc.
3. Strategy in Trade Financing Using Letter Of Credit
- What is Letter of Credit?, Parties Involve in the Letter of Credit, types of Letter of Credit, etc.
4. International Fraud and Prevention
- Understanding of trade fraud, characteristics and sources of LC fraud, malpractices and weakness in shipping practices, etc.
5. Mini Case Study
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for Trade Finance Officers, Import & Export Officers, Corporate Trade Compliance Officers, Credit & Risk Management Officers, Relationship Managers within Financial Institutions.
SMF Member: $556.40
Prices above are GST inclusive
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.