Apply Root Cause Analysis
Productivity and Innovation is everybody’s business. In this 2-day programme, participants will learn a practical hands-on approach to identify and clarify problems, collect pertinent data, translate the idea into value-added information and analyse the root causes.
At the end of the training programme, the participant will be able to:
- Identify problems systematically
- Collect relevant information to clarify the problems.
- Analyse root cause(s)
- Suggest an action(s) to resolve the problems.
- Introduction to the Root Cause Analysis Methodology
- Problem-Solving Team Formation
- Problem Identification
- Effective Data Collection
- Analytical Tools to Identify Possible Causes
- Drilling Down the Root Cause
- Direct Cause, Contributing Cause and Root Cause
- Why-Why Analysis
- Generating, Selection and Testing of Solutions
- Monitoring Effectiveness of Solutions
- Assessment of Results and Reporting
Who Should Attend?
Front line managers, team leaders, quality assurance engineers, supervisors and
productivity champions responsible for problem-solving or initiating productivity
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English or Participants with the following competency ratings from the Employability Skills System (ESS) are eligible: Listening/Speaking Min. Level 3 Reading/Writing Min. Level 3 Numeracy Min. Level 3
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.