WSQ Apply Workplace Safety and Health Policy
This course is developed to enable an individual to acquire the basic skills and knowledge in practicing Safety and Health at workplace. Whether it’s initial training for new worker or refresher training for experienced people, this programme saves valuable training time as it teaches proven knowledge that creates strong safety awareness.
Upon completion of the programme, learner will have the knowledge and application skills in carrying out planning daily work to meet workplace safety and health requirements, ensuring safety of other co-workers and theirs, identifying and monitoring of hazards, complying with MOM safety requirements and implementing risk controls.
1. Plan daily work to meet WSH requirements
- Types and interpretation of relevant WSH legislations and relevant industry codes of practice
- Types and usage of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Types and usage of safety devices and equipment
- Identify own duties and responsibilities according to organisational WSH procedures and WSH legislative requirements
2. Identify and monitor hazards
- Identify and monitor hazards by conducting WSH checks on work area and safety signage according to organisational RA/WSH procedures and WSH legislative requirements
- Report any abnormalities and problems encountered in identifying and monitoring hazards to designated personnel according to organisational WSH procedures
3. Comply with WSH requirements
- Contribute to WSH programs according to organisational WSH procedures and WSH legislative requirements
- Carry out daily work according to organisational WSH procedures and WSH legislative requirements
- Follow organisational emergency and evacuation procedures in the event of actual emergencies or drills
4. Implement risk controls
- Carry out risk controls determined in organisational RA
*Course fees before GST
**Funding is subjected to approval
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Learners are assumed to:
- Be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 3
- An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.