Effective Business Writing Skills
To be key in
At the end of the 2-days programme, participants will be able to:
- learn how to apply basic communication principles and communicate effectively via your writing.
- learn how to organize your thoughts and structure your messages to make your point as well as tips and techniques that will improve the style of your messages.
- discuss the common errors people make and what to look out for when drafting your piece of business correspondence and reports.
1.Introduction to Business Writing
2. Back to the Basics
3. Sharpening Your Business Writing
4. Basic Questioning Skills
5. Composing Clear Communication
6. Strengthening Your Memos, E-mail, Letter and Report Writing
7. The Writer’s Role on Social Media internally and externally
Who Should Attend?
Secretaries, administrators, clerical officers who want to write clear and impactful business correspondence
SMF Members: $560
Non SMF Members: $600
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.