Effective Office Administrative Skills
This is an exciting and interactive programme. It is designed to provide office support staff the opportunity to review and develop the interpersonal and professional administrative skills they need to do their jobs effectively, thereby contributing to their own, their boss’ and their organization’s success.
At the end of the 1-day programme, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the important role and functions of today’s office
2. Understand the changing role of the office support staff
3. Apply the various methods to increase productivity in the office
4. Manage and handle information for maximum results
5. Appreciate the use office communication tools and systems
1. The Office
- The role and functions of the office
- Fundamental & necessary skills of office staff
- Productivity and the administrator’s evolving role
- Planning and improving work processes
- Matching organizational goals with administrative support goals
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Managing information for office productivity
- The office as a centre of organizational excellence
2. Office Productivity
- Office productivity through effective task management
- Planning and scheduling of office work
- Increase your administrative effectiveness through organized methods & systems
- File and find information fast
- Dealing with information overload in the office
- Communicating positively for better results
- Working with people for positive results
SMF Members: $300
Non-SMF Members: $350
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.