Effective Recruitment and Selection Techniques
This practical one day recruitment and selection course provides delegates with the skills, knowledge and confidence to recruit and select the right team member for the job.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will have:
- Recognised the importance of adopting a structured recruitment process and the use of relevant selection methods
- Screened candidates’ CVs or application forms using an agreed selection criteria for a job role and identify anomalies for further research
- Prepared for a first stage selection interview to ensure they create the right first impressions and candidate engagement
- Asked effective questions and accurately assess the candidate’s potential suitability for the role
1. Effective Recruitment and Selection Methods
2. Screening and Short-listing Job Applicants
3. Structuring and Preparing for Interviews
4. Using Effective Questions
5. Actively Listening and Taking Notes
6. Preparing for the Selection Interview
7. Making the Selection Decision
Who Should Attend?
Ideal for managers with limited experience of recruitment, wanting to develop some skills and confidence in interviewing new team members to produce an accurate assessment, as well as understanding the whole selection process.
SMF Member: $374.50
Prices above are GST inclusive
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.