Effective Uses and Applications of Incoterms in International Trade
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge in practical applications of Incoterms in international trade, as well as the common variants in use, including Carrier/Liner Terms and Freight Forwarder’s Terms. Learn all about the changes to the rules, what has been retained, and what the obligations are.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Apply the terms in a practical manner.
- Use the terms to your advantage.
- Understand the rights and obligations of the buyer and seller.
- How Incoterms can be a powerful tool in your business dealing.
2. Why you need Incoterms
3. What are Incoterms
4. Why and when are Incoterms used
5. Key points of Incoterms
6. Incoterms 2020
7. Incoterms: Terms Definition
8. Changes to Incoterms
9. The Retained Incoterms rules
10. Incoterms: The Obligations
11. Case Studies and Analysis
12. Transfer of Risks
13. Incoterms Variants - Common variants in use
14. Carrier / Liner Terms
15. Freight Forwarder’s Terms
16. Specific Industry Incoterms / Shipping / Delivery Terms
17. Additional selected cases for analysis and discussion
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for Importers, Exporters, Sellers, Buyers, Traders, Bankers, Insurers, Claims Handlers, personnel involved in International Trade, Contracts, Documentation & Shipping, Finance & Management, Fraud Prevention & Management, and Trade Dispute Resolution.
Price above is GST inclusive
Note: Eligible company may qualify for course funding
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.