Enterprise Cyber Security Awareness Course
This course aims to develop an awareness among all professionals on the cyber security threats for enterprises. The professionals will acquire the skills and knowledge covering cyber security threats and their areas, including best practices and identifying and protecting against cyber-attacks. They lead design thinking induction across the organization and uncovers opportunities for improving workforce productivity and efficiency.
Information sharing and cloud-based operations in the ambit of continual digitalisation and technological 4.0 initiatives have increased systems vulnerability posing a threat e.g., ransomware attacks, data breaches, online scams and phishing attacks. Learning objectives and outcomes will identify potential risks, threats and dangers associated with cyber security threats and areas prone to cyber security threats and best practices to safeguard against threats.
Upon successful completion of this training programme, learners should be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- LO1: Appraise cyber security threats
- LO2: Identify areas prone to threats and system vulnerabilities
- LO3: Deduce and deploy escalation process of cyber security threats
- LO4: Practice active cyber security measures
- LO5: Monitor best practices to leverage on security safeguards
LU1: Cyber Security Threats
1.1 The Rise of Cybercrimes
1.2 Types of Cyber Attacks
1.3 The Motivation behind Cyber Attacks
LU2: Area Prone to Cyber Security Threats
2.1 Most Vulnerable Industries to Cyber Attacks
2.2 Common Cyber Security Vulnerabilities
2.3 Introduction of Cyber Security
LU3: Escalation of Cyber Security Threats
3.1 Understanding the Type and Severity of an Incident
3.2 Escalating a Cyber Attack
3.3 What to do if your company falls victim to cybercrime?
3.4 What do I do if I am a victim of cybercrime?
LU4: Protection against Cyber Security Threats
4.1 Precautions and Measures to Tackle Cyber Crimes
4.2 Network Security Controls
4.3 Incident Response Plan
LU5: Best Practices to Safeguard against Threats
5.1 Safer Cyberspace for Enterprises
5.2 How to Spot Signs of Phishing?
5.3 How to Create Strong Passwords and Enable 2FA
5.4 Check if your data has been leaked
*Course fees before GST
**Funding is subjected to approval
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
It is recommended that participant meet the following:
- Minimum age requirement: 21 years old.
- Able to speak, listen, write, and read English with Numeracy skills at a minimum proficiency level 4 of the Employability Skills System (i.e., Workplace Literacy and Numeracy, WPLN).
- Possess Secondary School educational level qualification (O or N-Level).
- Minimum knowledge of data analytics required.
- At least 2 years relevant supervisory or managerial work experience.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government- funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
3. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
4. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
5. When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
6. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
7. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.