Essentials of Email Writing and Etiquette
This course will share the fundamental of good business writing and ways to improve your email credibility through observing proper email etiquette. Participants will gain knowledge of how to write a better structured email and how to avoid common grammar mistakes in business writing. This course will also teach the arts of organising and planning your writing, prior to drafting your email.
At the end of the 1-day programme, participants would be able to:
1. Adopt good writing skills
2. Learn the language of business writing
3. Learn how to vet their written work
- Understanding the fundamentals of good business writing
- Pre course assignment – Gauging participant’s standard of English
- Modern day business writing vs. older form of business writing - Concise writing, do’s and don’ts
of business writing
2. Effective Organisation and Planning
- The five W’s of planning
- Understanding and using tone effectively in writing
- The 4 steps structure to drafting e-mails - paragraphing rules
3. Essentials of Emails
- Characteristics of emails
- When to email and when not to
- Ways to improve your email readability
- Guidelines for better structured emails
- Observing proper Email etiquette
4. Writing Tips and Techniques
- Common Grammar Mistakes - Tenses, Subject/Verb Agreement, Active/Passive, Etc.
- Email message openers
Total course fees :
Non member $350
*Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.