Global Sourcing and International Purchasing
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge about the implication of globalization on various aspects of global sourcing and their alignment with an organization’s overall business strategy.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the strategic aspect of global sourcing, international purchasing and global sourcing standard.
- Strategize approach on supplier development, relationship management and use of electronic trading in global sourcing.
- Acquire cost reduction techniques, evaluate outsourcing opportunities & methods of payment.
1. Global sourcing and International Purchasing
2. Principles underlying the Global Sourcing standard
3. Supplier Development & Relationship Management
4. Electronic Trading in Global Sourcing
5. Cost reduction and type of purchases in Global Sourcing
6. Outsourcing and use of freight forwarder’s network for Export & Import
7. Methods of payment for international purchasing
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for Sourcing Professional/executives, International Contract Purchases, Supplier Development, Sourcing Partner
SMF Member: $599.20
Prices above are GST inclusive
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.