How to Handle Conflict & Confrontation (Online)
Generally most people try to avoid conflicts because they lack basic conflict management skills. Rather than react to conflict on a purely emotional level, learn to manage disputes and disagreements positively and proactively. We are after all in the business of building relationships!
Employees today need communication skills that engage them both personally and professionally. They want to be treated as individuals, not just another transaction. This high energy, interactive workshop defies the conventional methods of “dos and don’ts” of communication 101 training.
Who Should Attend:
Experienced or new team leads, managers and senior managers.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
1. Understand your own conflict patterns
2. Improve your listening and communication skills
3. Learn to “read” conflicts by developing a “conflict map”
4. Practice effective conflict management methods depending on workplace relationships
5. Repair damaged relationships
6. Develop coping strategies and your coping style
7. Learn to identify and own your emotions
8. Lessen conflict between you and your boss
9. Lessen conflict between you and your colleagues
10. Learn the nature and value of teamwork
1. JUMPING IN WITH BOTH FEET – Relationship Building
– Using EQ to interact positively with your colleagues and subordinates; and clients
– Identifying, discerning and escalating people’s needs
– Making the individual feel valued
– Maintaining ongoing relationships.
2. EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
– Understanding people communication tendencies
– Using the MBTI-Myers Briggs Type Indicator to understand an individual’s outward behaviour and thought processes during times of conflict
3. DIAGNOSING WORKPLACE CONFLICTS – Mapping the Conflict through the Enneagram
– Diagnosing workplace conflict
– Conflict VS disagreement
– Stages of conflict development
– The outcome relationship model to decipher the appropriate conflict management approach
4. MOVING BEYOND CONFLICT – Dealing with People Types
– Identify your communication style
– Become assertive in your dealings with people
– Dealing with passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive individuals
– Apply appropriate conflict management strategies through role-plays
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
Total course fees :
Non member $350
*Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Completed O-level and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
– At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
– Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
– Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
6. SMF Centre for Corporate Learning Pte Ltd has a Data Protection Policy which provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. Please click the link below to know more.
1. The candidate has the right to disagree with the assessment decision made by the assessor.
2. When giving feedback to the candidate, the assessor must check with the candidate if he agrees with the assessment outcome.
3. If the candidate agrees with the assessment outcome, the assessor & the candidate must sign the Assessment Summary Record.
4. If the candidate disagrees with the assessment outcome, he/she should not sign in the Assessment Summary Record.
5. If the candidate intends to appeal the decision, he/she should first discuss the matter with the assessor/assessment manager.
6. If the candidate is still not satisfied with the decision, the candidate must notify the assessor of the decision to appeal. The assessor will reflect the candidate’s intention in the Feedback Section of the Assessment Summary Record.
7. The assessor will notify the assessor manager about the candidate’s intention to lodge an appeal.
8. The candidate must lodge the appeal within 7 days, giving reasons for appeal together with the appeal fee of $108.00 (inclusive of 8% GST).
9. The assessor can help the candidate with writing and lodging the appeal.
10. The assessment manager will collect information from the candidate & assessor and give a final decision.
11. A record of the appeal and any subsequent actions and findings will be made.
12. An Assessment Appeal Panel will be formed to review and give a decision.
13. The outcome of the appeal will be made known to the candidate within 2 weeks from the date the appeal was lodged.
14. The decision of the Assessment Appeal Panel is final and no further appeal will be entertained.
15. Please click the link below to fill up the Candidates Appeal Form.