Import/Export Documentation and Shipping Procedures
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge about the functions and practical applications of international trade and transport documents, import/export and shipping documents and procedures.
Learn all about the range of payment options and financing for the maritime/shipping trade as well as cargo insurance and claims procedures.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Apply the functions of the various shipping documents and the import/export procedures.
- Apply the practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and the most effective ways doing import/export.
1. International Trade and Contract Law
2. International Trade Practices: Introduction to Incoterms
3.Trade and Transport Documents
4. Trade Payment and Financing
5. Overview of Letters of Credit and the UCP600
6. Cargo Insurance
7. Trade and Customs
8. Case Studies and Analyses
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for Importers, Exporters, Sellers, Buyers, Traders, Bankers, Insurers, Claims Handlers, personnel involved in International Trade, Documentation & Shipping, Finance & Management, Fraud Prevention & Management, and Dispute Resolution.
Price above is GST inclusive
Note: Eligible company may qualify for course funding
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.