Inventory Management, Planning and Control
This training programme aims to equip learners with skills and knowledge to work in the supply chain environment. Learners will be taught to understand the good management of inventory that enables their company in improving their customer service, cash flow and profitability. Learners will be able to implement inventory planning and control.
At the end of the training programme, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the function and role of inventory in a supply chain
- Apply basic inventory technique in managing different inventory items
- Apply the different techniques in keeping the physical inventory stock accurate
- Apply suitable industry best practices in inventory management
1. Introduction to Supply Chain and Roles of Inventories in a Supply Chain
2. General Effective Inventory Management
3. ABC Analysis and Applications
4. Effective Inventory Technique and Safety Stocks
5. Effective Inventory Technique and Safety Stocks
6. Inventory in Goods Production and Manufacturing Environment
7. Physical Inventory Management
- Aged stocks, stock improvement and review on aged stocks
8. Emerging new models in inventory management
9. Inventory Game/Quiz
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for supply chain, procurement, warehouse managers / professionals.
SMF Member: $560
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.