Masterclass on Sustainability
The Matcha Initiative (TMI) has been approached to help SMF in accelerating sustainability adoption among its members, especially SMEs. To help SMF bring its members/industry to embrace sustainability and to implement actions by providing training, content sharing and experience sharing.
This 2-days training is based on a “Learning by doing” approach, mixing masterclasses, in which you will gain the necessary knowledge on every aspect of sustainability, and hands-on workshop – peer learning sessions where you will work on tangible takeaways.
The training is organized around 9 Masterclasses and 2 workshops – Peer Learning sessions
With the Green Plan 2030, Singapore has set up its national agenda to become a regional sustainable business hub.
Businesses have their part to do, not only because it is the right thing to do, but also because if they want to be resilient and competitive in the long run, they must integrate sustainability in their daily operations. In particular, manufacturing companies are exposed to climate-related risks such as disruptions to the supply chain, adverse weather impacting operations, increasing reporting and regulatory requirements, and changes in customers’ requirements.
While some businesses are aware that they need to act and manage the risks, yet not all companies may be clear on how to make this transition and how to concretely start action. This training intends to drive business awareness and to kickstart their journey towards sustainability in support of achieving local and global goals, as well as achieving organisational resilience. Key focus will be on carbon management & carbon footprint, digital footprint, sustainability reporting & communication, and circular economy.
After this training, each attendee who wishes to, can benefit from a 1-hour session with a TMI volunteer to deepen some concepts and after the third month a follow-up session. A registration form will be sent to them on the last day of training.
Who should attend?
- C-level Executive
- Managing Directors
- General Managers
- Newly appointed Sustainability lead
For manufacturing and services business starting their journey on sustainability.
This 2-days training is based on a “Learning by doing” approach, mixing masterclasses, in which you will gain the necessary knowledge on every aspect of sustainability, and hands-on workshop - peer learning sessions where you will work on tangible takeaways.
The training is organized around 6 Modules - Peer Learning sessions - 3 modules per day:
Module 1: Sustainability for Businesses - What you need to know - How can you effectively communicate and build a sustainability report.
The masterclass will cover what is sustainability, the main concepts around it, the international context and Singapore context. We will talk about the latest and upcoming regulations and trends, their implications for businesses and finally why every business needs to start its journey on sustainability. We will discuss the key principles to write a compelling sustainability report, to build a strong internal communication around sustainability and how to avoid Greenwashing in your external communication.
Module 2: Sustainability in Operations (Packaging, Waste Management)
How to improve Packaging in your operations and generate cost savings? What is the Mandatory Packaging Reporting framework? What are the
implications for your business? What is the waste management regulation?
Module 3: Digital Footprint & e-waste
Digitalisation is key for sustainability however it does have an important carbon footprint. Understand why and the key aspects to decrease it. e-waste is an important pillar of Singapore Green Plan, during this masterclass, we will also address how companies can play their part and the key aspects for better e-waste management. This module will also include a hands-on & peer learning component where participants will see some business cases and digital footprint calculation and exchange concrete actions on digital footprint & e-waste.
Module 4: Carbon Management & Carbon Footprint
Understand the guiding principles of carbon management and carbon footprint calculation. Learn about ways to decrease it in all scopes 1, 2 & 3. What does it specifically mean for manufacturing companies & for your supply chain? This module will include a workshop on how to estimate the Carbon Footprint of a company.
Module 5: Towards the Circular Economy
Understand Circular Economy main concepts and the emerging new Business Models. Learn about the life cycle approach and how to do a Life Cycle Assessment and, finally, what are the implications of moving from a linear to a circular approach.
Module 6: Work on your company materiality assessment and Sustainability Roadmap Implementation plan roadmap. Materiality assessment masterclass and Sustainability Roadmap Implementation Plan workshop.
Total course fees
Non-member: $500 before 8% GST
SMF Member: $200 before 8% GST
Diploma and above , or
Acquired with at least 2 years of working experience
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.